22nd annual conference Enterprise and Competitive Environment
The conference was held at the Faculty of Business and Economics of Mendel University in Brno on March 21 – 22, 2019. It crosses traditional discipline boundaries and involves a wide variety of interactions ranging from traditional academic disciplines or schools of thought to the reality of business. Many of the issues discussed provide innovative ideas and combine the best academic thinking with the industry expertise development in financial services, public sector/government, information and communications technologies.
|Eva Mörk||Botond Koszegi||Steve Yamarik|
Department of Economics,
Member of the Prize Committee for
Department of Economics and Business,
Central European University
Professor of Economics
at California State University in Long Beach,
and Affiliated Faculty at Henan University
- Accounting and Taxation
- Applied Data Mining
- Corporate Finance
- Economic Modelling
- Financial Markets
- Fiscal Policy
- Information Visualisation
- Marketing and Consumption Behaviour
- Monetary Policy and Banking
- Social Economics and Welfare
The conference is held in English.
Authors are welcome to submit original and unpublished research papers. Best papers will be invited for a submission to journals mentioned above.
Conference participants are expected to serve as discussants of a paper of other conference participant.
Conference participants will be offered to attend a guided tour in Villa Tugendhat on Friday 22nd afternoon. Villa Tugendhat is the only example of modern architecture in the Czech Republic inscribed in the list of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites.Conference participants will receive a printed version of the Book of Abstracts. An on-line version of the Book of Abstracts will be available on the conference website.
Conference participants are invited to select one of the publishing options.
ISSN 2464-7683, indexed in Web of Science
ISSN: 1211-8516, indexed in Scopus
Only the high-quality papers successfully passing a review process will be considered for publishing.
All papers must represent original and unpublished work that is not currently under review.
|Early Registration||Standard Registration|
|(untill 15th December 2018)||(from 16th December 2018)|
|Regular Registration||3.300 CZK / 135 EUR*||4.200 CZK / 170 EUR*|
|Co-author (attending), Passive Participation||1.900 CZK / 80 EUR*|
|Additional Paper||1.400 CZK / 60 EUR*|
- The Regular fee includes access to plenary session, conference sessions, presentation of the paper, review process, conference materials, refreshment (coffee breaks, lunch and social event on Thursday 21st March) and optional guided tour in Villa Tugendhat.
- The Co-author (attending), Passive Participation fee includes access to plenary session, conference sessions, conference materials, refreshment (coffee breaks, lunch and social event on Thursday 21st March) and optional guided tour in Villa Tugendhat.
- The Additional Paper fee is for authors with more than one paper, thus, the Regular fee is applied for the first submitted paper and Additional Paper fee is applied for each additional submitted paper. Each submitted paper must have different content in accordance with publication ethics.
- Accommodation is not included in the fee. Registration is required for all participants attending the conference.
- * Payment confirmation will be issued in CZK.
|Registration opening:||1st October 2018|
|EARLY registration and paper submission deadline:||15th December 2018|
|EARLY registration payment deadline:||15th December 2018|
|Paper acceptance for the EARLY paper submission:||15th January 2019|
|STANDARD registration and paper submission deadline:||15th January 2019|
|STANDARD registration payment deadline:||15th January 2019|
|Paper acceptance for the STANDARD paper submission:||4th February 2019|
|Conference||21st - 22nd March 2019|
Scientific conference board
- Radim Farana (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
- Jarko Fidrmuc (Zeppelin University of Friedrichshafen, Germany)
- David Hampel (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
- Roman Horváth (Charles University, Czech Republic)
- Peter Huber (Austrian Institute of Economic Research, Austria)
- Josef Jablonský (University of Economics, Prague, Czech Republic)
- Jitka Janová (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
- Svatopluk Kapounek (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
- Martin Kvizda (Masaryk University, Czech Republic)
- Martin Macháček (VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic)
- Danuše Nerudová (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
- Daniel Stavárek (Silesian University in Opava, Czech Republic)
- Jana Stávková (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
- Pavel Žufan (Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic)
Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic
- Svatopluk Kapounek
- Hana Vránová
- Dominika Doubková
- Barbora Šiklová
- Veronika Malá
- Veronika Kočiš Krůtilová